Chocolate Goody Bars
Picture borrowed from Hometown cooking by Better Homes and Garden. I will post picture as soon as a make these again.
- 19 ounce box of fudge brownie mix
- 1/2 c
- cooking oil
- 1/4 c
- 16 ounce tub of vanilla frosting
- 3/4 c
- chopped peanuts
- 3 c
- rice crispies cereal
- 1 c
- peanut butter
- 1 pkg
- 12 ounce semisweet chocolate pieces
How to Make Chocolate Goody Bars
- 1Grease a 13X9 inch baking pan; set aside. In a large bowl, stir together the brownie mix, cooking oil, eggs, and water until well mixed. Spread mixture into prepared pan.
- 2Bake in a 350 degree oven for 28 to 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool completely on wire rack.
- 3Frost with frosting. Sprinkle with peanuts. Cover; chill in the refrigerator. Meanwhile, place rice cereal in a medium bowl. In a small saucepan, combine peanut butter and chocolate pieces. Heat and stir over low heat until chocolate is melted. Pour over cereal. Stir to coat evenly. Spread over frosting. Cover; chill in refrigerator until chocolate layer is set. Refrigerate leftover bars, covered.