Chocolate Flecked Pirouettes
How to Make Chocolate Flecked Pirouettes
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Beat butter, sugar, and vanilla in a small bowl until light and fluffy
- Beat in egg whites one at a time.
- Add flour and beat at low speed just until blended.
- Gently fold in chocolate.
- Drop teaspoonfuls of batter 4 inches apart on greased cookie sheet. Only do 4 cookies per sheet they really spread out.
- Bake one sheet at a time in the beginning, till you get the hang of these.
- Bake for 4 to 5 minutes until edges are golden brown. Do not over bake.
- Take a wooden spoon with a round handle and cover the bottom part of the handle with vegetable oil. This will make the cookies slide off easier.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and take them off one at a time. Flipping them onto the handle of your wooden spoon.
- Quickly roll cookie around spoon handle overlapping the edges to form a cigar shape. Then slide off and put on a wire rack to cool.
- Repeat with remaining cookies. Greasing your spoon as needed. If the cookies get too hard... pop them back in the oven for a minute or two.