Chocolate Dipped Divinity Cookies
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 2 1/2 c
- shortening like crisco (do not use butter)
- 1 1/2 c
- sifted powdered sugar
- 4 c
- all purpose flour
- 1 tsp
- 2 tsp
- pure vanilla extract
- 1 c
- chopped nuts (optional)
- chocolate a'peels or chocolate almond bark
How to Make Chocolate Dipped Divinity Cookies
- 1preheat oven to 350 and line cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- 2In large mixing bowl combine shortening and powdered sugar and blend well. Add vanilla and salt than the flour. You don't need to chill the dough first but I do.
- 3Roll out dough to about 3/8 of an inch thick and cut with a round cookie cutter. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes just until the edge turns a light color. Let cookies cool on the cookie sheet for 5 minutes before moving to a cooling rack.
- 4When you have baked all your cookies melt the chocolate a'peels or almond bark over a double boiler and dip half of each cookie into chocolate, and let dry on parchment. Store cookies in airtight container.
- 5For variation you can reduce the flour to 3 1/3 cups and 2/3 cup of cocoa powder to make chocolate divinity cookies. I also sometimes add mini chocolate chips as well. A fun batter to work with. I make it ahead and store it in my fridge. Happy Baking!