Chocolate-Dipped Coconut Macaroon Cookies
- 2/3 c
- sweetened condensed milk
- 1 large
- egg white
- 1 1/2 tsp
- 1/8 tsp
- 3 1/2 c
- sweetened flaked coconut
- 10 oz
- for the chocolate dipping: semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
How to Make Chocolate-Dipped Coconut Macaroon Cookies
- 1Preheat the oven to 325°F. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
- 2In a large bowl, stir together the sweetened condensed milk, egg white, vanilla and salt until combined. Stir in the coconut until well blended.
- 3Drop the dough by tablespoonfuls about 2 inches apart onto the cookie sheets. Form the cookies into loose haystacks with your fingertips, moistening your hands with water as necessary to prevent sticking.
- 4Bake, one sheet at a time, until the cookies are light golden brown, 15 to 2o minutes.
- 5Cool the cookies on the baking sheets until slightly set, about 2 minutes; remove to a wire rack with a wide metal spatula.
- 6Once the cookies are cooled to room temperature (about 30 minutes), line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- 7Melt 8 ounces of the semi-sweet chocolate in a small heatproof bowl set over a pan of almost-simmering water, stirring once or twice, until smooth. Remove from the heat; stir in the remaining 2 ounces chocolate until smooth.
- 8Holding a macaroon by its pointed top, dip the bottom and ½ inch up the sides in the chocolate; scrape off the excess chocolate and place the macaroon on a prepared baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining macaroons
- 9Refrigerate the macaroons until the chocolate sets, about 15 minutes