Chocolate-Dipped Coconut Macaroon Cookies
★★★★★ 1 vote5
2/3 csweetened condensed milk
1 largeegg white
1 1/2 tspvanilla
3 1/2 csweetened flaked coconut
10 ozfor the chocolate dipping: semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
How to Make Chocolate-Dipped Coconut Macaroon Cookies
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
- In a large bowl, stir together the sweetened condensed milk, egg white, vanilla and salt until combined. Stir in the coconut until well blended.
- Drop the dough by tablespoonfuls about 2 inches apart onto the cookie sheets. Form the cookies into loose haystacks with your fingertips, moistening your hands with water as necessary to prevent sticking.
- Bake, one sheet at a time, until the cookies are light golden brown, 15 to 2o minutes.
- Cool the cookies on the baking sheets until slightly set, about 2 minutes; remove to a wire rack with a wide metal spatula.
- Once the cookies are cooled to room temperature (about 30 minutes), line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Melt 8 ounces of the semi-sweet chocolate in a small heatproof bowl set over a pan of almost-simmering water, stirring once or twice, until smooth. Remove from the heat; stir in the remaining 2 ounces chocolate until smooth.
- Holding a macaroon by its pointed top, dip the bottom and ½ inch up the sides in the chocolate; scrape off the excess chocolate and place the macaroon on a prepared baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining macaroons
- Refrigerate the macaroons until the chocolate sets, about 15 minutes