1/4 cbutter, unsalted and softened
1/2 cpowdered sugar, well sifted
1 tspvanilla extract
3egg whites, beaten
1/2 call purpose flour, sifted
2 Tbspbutter, unsalted and melted
4 ozsemi-sweet chocolate, chopped
1/3 ccoconut, shredded
How to Make Chocolate Crisps
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Grease several baking sheets with butter.
- In a medium-size bowl beat 1/4 cup butter with powdered sugar until creamy; beat in vanilla.
- Gradually beat in egg whites.
- Fold in flour, then 2 tablespoons melted (cooled) butter.
- Drop small teaspoonfuls of mixture onto prepared baking sheets, spacing well apart; flatten each teaspoonful slightly.
- Bake about 8 minutes or until lightly browned around edges.
- Using a spatula, immediately remove cookies from baking sheet to a wire rack; cool.
- Melt chocolate in a small bowl placed over a pan of hot, but not boiling water.
- When cookies are cool, spread each one with a thin layer of melted chocolate; allow chocolate to set slightly then sprinkle with coconut.
- Place in a cool place until chocolate sets completely.