- 1/4 c
- butter, unsalted and softened
- 1/2 c
- powdered sugar, well sifted
- 1 tsp
- vanilla extract
- egg whites, beaten
- 1/2 c
- all purpose flour, sifted
- 2 Tbsp
- butter, unsalted and melted
- 4 oz
- semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/3 c
- coconut, shredded
How to Make Chocolate Crisps
- 1Preheat oven to 425.
- 2Grease several baking sheets with butter.
- 3In a medium-size bowl beat 1/4 cup butter with powdered sugar until creamy; beat in vanilla.
- 4Gradually beat in egg whites.
- 5Fold in flour, then 2 tablespoons melted (cooled) butter.
- 6Drop small teaspoonfuls of mixture onto prepared baking sheets, spacing well apart; flatten each teaspoonful slightly.
- 7Bake about 8 minutes or until lightly browned around edges.
- 8Using a spatula, immediately remove cookies from baking sheet to a wire rack; cool.
- 9Melt chocolate in a small bowl placed over a pan of hot, but not boiling water.
- 10When cookies are cool, spread each one with a thin layer of melted chocolate; allow chocolate to set slightly then sprinkle with coconut.
- 11Place in a cool place until chocolate sets completely.