Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
This recipe makes about 30 delicious, pretty chocolate cookies.
4 ozunsweetened chocolate, chopped
1/4 cunsalted butter
1 1/2 call purpose flour
1/2 cdutch process cocoa powder
2 tspbaking powder
2 cgranulated sugar
1 tspvanilla extract
1 1/2 cminiature semisweet chocolate chips
1/2 cconfectioners sugar
How to Make Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
- Place the unsweetened chocolate (1st chocolate) and butter in the top of a double boiler places over (not touching) barely simmering water. Heat, stirring often, until the butter and chocolate melt. Remove from over the water and set aside to cool slightly. In a bowl, stir together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine the eggs, granulated sugar and vanilla. Beat on medium speed until light in color and thick, about 3 minutes. Beat in the melted chocolate mixture on low speed until blended. Add the dry ingredients and beat until incorporated. Mix in the chocolate chips.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate until the dough is firm enough to roll into balls, about 2 hours.
- Position a rack in the middle of the oven, and preheat to 325F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Sift the confectioners’ sugar into a small bowl.
- To form each cookie, roll a rounded tablespoon of dough between your palms into a 1 1/2-inch ball, and roll the ball in the confectioners’ sugar. Place the cookies 3 inches apart on the prepared baking sheets. Make sure to set them firmly onto the baking sheet so they stay firmly in place.
- Bake the cookies, until the tops are puffed and crinkled and feel firm when lightly touched, 13-17 minutes. Le the cookies cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes, then transfer the cookies to wire racks to cool completely. Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.