Chocolate Crackle Cookies
Lydia Eichert Messerschmidt
The dough gets stiff to mix, but otherwise, it's a perfect easy recipe for children.
How to Make Chocolate Crackle Cookies
- In mixing bowl, beat eggs, add water & shortening, then mix in cake mix.
- Mix with fork to help break up shortening, then with a stiff spoon. Dough will start to get thick. Just be sure all the shortening gets mixed in very well.
- Chill dough in refrigerator for at least an hour, or until ready to bake. (the prep time listed above accounts for the time to chill the dough)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Use greased cookie sheets.
- Roll dough into balls the size of a walnut, then roll in confectioner's sugar. Place on cookie sheets 12-to-sheet - they will spread a little when they bake.
- Bake 9-11 minutes, with moist fudgy centers.