Chocolate Covered Shortbread with Toffee & Pecans
Blue Ribbon Recipe
Yummm...I love shortbread. When you add chocolate, pecans and toffee- this one is a must have!
The next time I make this I may add some additional pecans in the shortbread dough. The Test Kitchen
How to Make Chocolate Covered Shortbread with Toffee & Pecans
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees F.
- Cream together sugar and butter. Add flour in parts, making sure it is well blended before adding more flour.
- Spread onto ungreased jelly roll pan (12"x17") and smooth with rolling pin (1/4" thickness).
- Bake at 250 degrees for 1-1/2 to 1-3/4 hours. If using 9"x12" jelly roll pan (1/2" thickness), bake for 2 to 2-1/2 hours.
- Melt chocolate chips in the microwave. Pour over hot shortbread (immediately after taking out of oven) and spread with frosting spatula.
- Immediately sprinkle toffee bits and chopped pecans evenly over chocolate. Cut into bars or squares using a sharp knife and let cool, making sure they are not touching while chocolate hardens. Do not refrigerate.