Chocolate Covered Cherry Cookies
Blue Ribbon Recipe
So yummy....with all that beloved flavor of a chocolate covered cherry! Even better, these cookies are easier to prepare than the candies. The Test Kitchen
- 1/2 c
- plus 1 tablespoon softened butter
- 3/4 c
- powdered sugar
- 1 Tbsp
- 3 Tbsp
- hershey's cocoa powder
- 1 pinch
- 1 Tbsp
- milk or what is needed to make the dough dry but stick together.
- 1 1/2 c
- 1 jar(s)
- maraschino cherries without the stems
- 1 can(s)
- chocolate frosting, warmed
How to Make Chocolate Covered Cherry Cookies
- 1Dry maraschino cherries in a towel and let set out a while to dry well.
- 2Combine all other ingredients and mix well in mixer. (Add just enough milk to make the dough very dry but still stick together.)
- 3Pinch off a teaspoon of the cookie dough and roll into a ball and then flatten in your hands. Put a cherry in the middle of the cookie dough disk and close the dough around the cherry and form into a ball...sealing cherry inside completely. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes at 350 degrees on an ungreased baking sheet.
- 4Dip baked cookies in warm chocolate frosting and top with chopped nuts, colorful sprinkles or decorate with corresponding frosting swirls.