Chocolate-Covered Cherry Cookies
What is so unique about this cookie is you frost the cookie first before baking! How cool is that..!!
- 1 1/2 c
- all purpose flour
- 1/2 c
- unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 c
- butter or margarine
- 1 c
- 1/4 tsp
- each of salt, baking powder and baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp
- vanilla extract
- undrained maraschino cherries (about a 10 ounce jar)
- 6 ounce pkg. tollhouse or hershey's semisweet chocolate pieces
- 1/2 c
- sweetened consdensed milk
How to Make Chocolate-Covered Cherry Cookies
- 1In a mixing bowl combine flour and cocoa; set aside. In a large mixing bowl beat the butter or margarine with an electric mixer on medium to high speed about 30 seconds or till softened. Add sugar, salt, baking powder, and baking soda. Beat till well combined. Add egg and vanilla. Beat well. Gradually beat in the flour mixture.
- 2Shape dough into 1-inch balls; place on ungreased baking sheet. Press down center of each ball with thumb. Drain maraschino cherries, reserving juice. Place a cherry in the center of each cookie. In a small saucepan combine the chocolate pieces and sweetened condensed milk; heat till chocolate is melted. Stir in 4 teaspoons of reserved cherry juice.
- 3Spoon about 1 teaspoon of the frosting over each cherry, spreading to cover cherry. (Frosting may be thinned with additional cherry juice, if necessary)
- 4Bake in 350 degree oven about 10 minutes or till done. Remove from oven and place on wire rake to cool.
- 5***Very important..it said to use the Best chocolate..don't substitute for off brands..it won't bake properly!!!!