★★★★★ 2 votes5
- 1 pkg
- refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 4 oz
- semi-sweet baking chocolate, melted
- 2 Tbsp
- all purpose four
- ½ c
- flaked coconut
- ½ c
- coconut pecan ready to spread frosting
- 2 oz
- semi-sweet baking chocolate
- ½ tsp
- vegetable oil
How to Make Chocolate Coconut Cookies
- 1Heat oven to 350°
- 2In large bowl, break up cookie dough. Using hands, knead in the 4 oz. of melted chocolate and the flour until well blended. Divide the dough in half, cover and refrigerate one half until ready to use.
Shape remaingng half into 18 balls.
- 3Place coconut in shallow dish. Dip half of each ball in coconut to coat.
- 4place balls on ungreased large cookie sheet, coconut sides up, about 1 inch apart. Repeat with remaining half of dough.
- 5Bake for 7 to 9 minutes.
- 6As soon as you take them out of the oven, make indentation in the center of each cookie with end of wooden spoon. Fill each indentation with ½ teaspoon of frosting.
- 7Cool 2 minutes on cookie sheet. Remove to cooling rack. Cool until set, about 30 minutes.
- 8In a small microwavable bowl, microwave 2 oz. of chocolate and the oil, uncovered on High about 1 minute 30 seconds or until chocolate can be stirred, completely melted. Drizzle over cookies.
- 9Store in single layer in covered container.