Chocolate Chocolate Chipotle Cherry Bark
Note: The prep time is 20 minutes hands-on, but the dough needs to rest for at least an hour (or kept in fridge for up to two days).
1/2 cunsalted butter, softened
3/4 cwhite granulated sugar
1/3 cunsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 tspvanilla extract
1/4 tspbaking powder
1 1/2 call purpose flour
3/4 cwhite chocolate chips
1/4 ccherry preserves
3/4 tspchipotle peppers, minced (in adobo, from a can)
How to Make Chocolate Chocolate Chipotle Cherry Bark
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In electric mixer or large bowl, cream butter and sugar until smooth. Mix in cocoa. Add egg and vanilla and mix until just combined. Add salt and baking powder, and one cup flour. Mix just until incorporated. Add remaining half cup of flour and mix again until just blended. Do not over-mix.
- Wrap dough in plastic and chill for at least one hour. Roll out cookie dough on floured surface to 1/8 thickness. Shape does not matter. Edges can be rough.
- Heat the white chocolate chips in microwave for 30 seconds, stir, and if necessary, heat again in 15-second increments, stirring after heating until smooth, being careful not to let the chocolate burn.
- Spread white chocolate over surface of rolled dough. Use back of spoon and spread evenly as close to the edges as possible. It is okay for the edges to be ragged.
- Mix cherry preserves and minced chipotle in a small bowl. When white chocolate has hardened, smear the chipotle-cherry mixture over it. Break dough into rough pieces (at least 12 and up to 16), or cut for a more uniform look.
- Arrange bark on parchment lined cookie sheets. Bake in pre-heated oven for 11 minutes. Cool completely. You may want to trim off bubbling cherry edges for a neater look.