Chocolate Chip-Walnut Cookies My Way
This is an old family recipe that I have tweaked a bit using 'Splenda' products instead of sugar.
I am always experimenting with recipes and replacing the sugar with 'Splenda' products ... working to help keep my blood sugar in check and at the same time attempting to satisfy my sweet tooth on occasion. Maybe it will help others with diabetes. Unfortunately, I don't have a carbohydrate or calorie count per cookie. :(
1/2 crolled oats* (see directions for best results)
1 1/2 call-purpose flour
1 1/4 tspbaking soda
1 c(2 - sticks) butter, salted (softened)
3/4 c'splenda' granulated sugar
3/4 c'splenda-blend' brown sugar, packed
1 1/2 tspvanilla extract
1/2 cmini semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cvanilla or white chocolate chips
1/2 cwalnuts, finely chopped
How to Make Chocolate Chip-Walnut Cookies My Way
- Chocolate Chip-Walnut Cookies My Way
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
In a blender, pulse oats until fine*
(I use my 'Nutria-Bullet').
- IN: a large bowl, combine oats with flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
- IN: a separate large bowl, with an electric mixer,
cream together butter, sugars, and vanilla.
ADD: eggs and mix until smooth and creamy.
- STIR IN: oats/flour mixture; mix well.
- STIR: in chocolate chips and nuts 1/2 cup at a time into dough; mix well.
- SPOON: rounded 1/4 cup portions onto UNGREASED baking sheets, about 2 inches apart.
- BAKE: about 10 to 12 minutes, OR until cookies are light brown and soft in the middle.
WHEN: cool, store in a sealed container to keep soft.
(Prepared dough may be stored overnight; but should be baked within 48 hours).