Chocolate Chip Squares
- 2 1/8 c
- all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp
- 1/2 tsp
- baking soda
- 1 1/2 stick
- (12 tablespoons) butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 1 c
- brown sugar
- 1/2 c
- granulated sugar
- 2 tsp
- vanilla extract
- 1 c
- semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 c
- milk chocolate chips
- aluminum foil
How to Make Chocolate Chip Squares
- 1Preheat oven to 325 degrees F and move the oven rack to the lower middle position.
Line a 13x9- inch baking pan with aluminum foil (letting the foil overhang 1 to 2- inches for lifting the baked bars out of the pan when they're done). Spray the foil with nonstick cooking spray.
- 2In a medium bowl, stir together the flour, salt and baking soda; set aside.
In a large bowl, whisk the melted butter and both sugars until combined. Add eggs and vanilla and mix together.
- 3Fold the dry ingredients into the egg mixture just until combined, taking care not to overmix.
Fold the chocolate chips into the batter and spread into the foil-lined pan using a spatula to evenly spread the batter.
- 4Bake for 25 to 30 minutes until the bars turn golden brown and the edges begin to pull away from the sides of the pan.
- 5Remove from oven and place pan on a wire rack to cool.
Grasp the foil overhang on each end and place bars on a cutting board. Cut into 2- inch squares.