Chocolate Chip Rickies
★★★★★ 1 vote5
1/2 cwhite sugar
1/2 cbrown sugar
1 cbutter-flavoured shortening
2 tspvanilla (the good stuff)
1 cshredded coconut
1 tspbaking soda
1 tspinstant coffee or ground espresso
How to Make Chocolate Chip Rickies
- Cream shortening with sugars, then add eggs and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, salt, baking soda and coffee.
Slowly incorporate dry ingredients into the shortening mixture, but
do not overwork the dough.
Gently mix chocoloate chips and coconut into the dough.
- Store in a recycled yogurt container in the fridge for up to a week
or freeze up to 2 months.
- Ready to Bake?
Preheat @ 375*F
- Use a small cookie scooper to lift teaspoon-sized balls of the chilled dough
and set onto a cookie sheet lined with foil.
Bake for 10-12 minutes, until the bottoms are golden brown.
- Use a spatula to gently lift the cookies off of the baking tray and
set onto a rack to cool, about 10 minutes.
- Enjoy with a tall glass of ice-cold milk!