★★★★★ 1 vote5
1 cbutter, softened
2 tspvanilla extract
1 tspbaking soda
2 cpretzels, crushed salted thin stick
2 1/2 call purpose flour
1 1/2 csemi-sweet chocolate chips
How to Make Chocolate Chip Pretzel Cookies
- Mix softened butter with the sugar and the molasses. Beat until the mixture is light and fluffy, and the molasses is completely mixed in.
- Add the vanilla and baking soda. Min them in well. Break the eggs into a glass andd whip them up with a fork. Add them to your bowl and mix until they're thoroughly incorporated.
- Put your pretzels in a zip lock plastic bag. Seal it carefully and place it on a flat surface4. Get out your rolling pin and run it over the bag, crusing the pretzels inside. Do this until there are not large pieces and the largest is a quarter-inch long.
- Measure out two cups of crushed pretzels and mix them into the dough in your bowl. Add one cup of flour and dmix it in. Then add the second cupa nd mix thoroughly. ADd the final half cup of flour and mix that in.
- Measure out a cup and a half of chocolate chips and add them to your cookie dough. If you're using an electric mixer, mix them in at the slowest speed. You can also put the mixer away, and stir in the chips by hand.
- Drop by rounded teaspoons onto greased (or sprayed with Pam) cookie sheets. You can also line your cookie sheets with parchment paper, if you prefer. Place 12 cookies on each standard sized sheet.
- Bake the cookies at 350 degrees for 10 to 12 minutes or until necely browned. Let the cookies cool for two minutes and then remove them from the baking sheets. Transfer them to a wire rack to finish cooling.