Chocolate Chip Pecan Squares1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1/2 cshortening, butter flavor
1/2 cbrown sugar, firmly packed
1 tspvanilla extract
3/4 call purpose flour
11.5 ozmilk chocolate chips
3/4 cpecans, chopped
How to Make Chocolate Chip Pecan Squares
- Heat oven to 350.
- Grease a 8 x 8 x 2 inch pan with butter flavor shortening; Set aside.
- Cream butter flavor shortening, brown sugar, egg, milk and vanilla in large bowl at medium speed of electric mixer until well blended.
- Reduce speed to low; Add flour.
- Stir in one cup chocolate chips and 1/2 cup nuts; Spread in pan.
- Bake at 350 for 25 to 30 minutes, or until lightly browned; Remove from oven.
- Sprinkle with one cup chocolate chips.
- Wait 5 minutes, or until chips soften, then spread evenly.
- Sprinkle with other 1/4 cup nuts and cool completely - Cut into 2x2 inch squares.