Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies (Olde Recipe)
The credit goes to Quaker Oats as it is the recipe on their box many, many, many decades ago - and still the best!
How to Make Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies (Olde Recipe)
- 1Mix all sugar and shortening.
- 2Add eggs, vanilla, baking soda and flour Mix.
- 3Add Oatmeal. Mix. Dough should not be so moist as to be sticky. If too moist. Add a little flour and mix.
- 4Add chocolate chips. Stir in by hand as mixer might break them.
- 5Spoon onto greased cookie sheet. Taller balls will aid in making softer cookies.
- 6Bake at 375 for a few minutes on one shelf; then a few minutes on the other shelf.
- 7Cook on waxed paper (with newspaper underneath).
To keep cookies soft, put a slice of bread in the container with the cookies.