Chocolate Chip Espresso Cookies
1/2 cbutter (1 stick), softened
1 clight brown sugar, firmly packed
3 Tbspgranulated white sugar
2 tspvanilla extract
1 3/4 call purpose flour
1/2 tspbaking powder
1/2 tspbaking soda
1 1/2 tspinstant espresso coffee powder
1 1/2 csemi-sweet chocolate chips
How to Make Chocolate Chip Espresso Cookies
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Cream butter with sugars on medium speed until fluffy(about 30 seconds).
- Beat in the egg and the vanilla extract for another 30 seconds.
- Sift together the dry ingredients: flour, baking powder and soda and salt and beat in to the butter mixture at low speed for about 20 seconds. Stir in espresso coffee powder and chocolate chips.
- Using a cookie scoop, drop cookie dough onto a greased cookie sheet about 3 inches apart. Gently press down on the dough with the back of a spoon to spread out into a 2 inch circle.
- Bake for about 17-20 minutes or until nicely browned around the edges. Bake a little longer for a crispier cookie.