★★★★★ 1 vote5
2 call purpose flour
1 1/2 tspbaking soda
1 c2 sticks unsalted butter at room temperature
1 cgranulated sugar
3/4 cpacked brown sugar
2 tspvanilla extract
1 bag12 ounces chocolate chips
How to Make Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
In a medium bowl whisk together the flour, soda and salt. set aside.
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer, beat the butter and sugar light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time beating well after each one. Mix in the vanilla.
- Drop 1/4 cup mounds of dough onto the ungreased baking sheets. At least 4 inches apart and away from the edges. You can fit about 4 cookies on a sheet. Baking 2 sheets at a time about 4 sheets total.
- Bake until just golden-15-18 minutes. Rotate the sheets front to back when half done baking.
- Cool 1 or 2 minutes on the baking sheets, then transfer to racks to cool completely.
Store in an airtight container up to 2 days. These freeze well too.