★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 2 c
- all purpose white whole wheat flour (or all purpose)
- 1/2 tsp
- 1 tsp
- baking soda
- 1 c
- dark brown sugar
- 1/2 c
- white sugar
- 1 c
- smart balance 50/50 butter blend, softened
- 2 large
- eggs, room temperature
- 1 Tbsp
- vanilla extract
- 2 c
- semi-sweet or bittersweet chocolate chips
How to Make Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1In a large bowl, whisk the flour, salt and baking soda. Set aside.
- 2In the bowl of an electric mixer with a paddle attachment, beat the butter and sugars together until smooth and creamy. Scrape down the bowl and add the eggs, one at a time, beating until each is incorporated. Mix in the vanilla.
- 3Add half of the flour mixture, mix, then add the remaining half and beat just until incorporated.
- 4Using a wooden spoon, fold in the chocolate chips. Cover the bowl tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate dough for 6 hours or overnight.
- 5Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or Reynolds aluminum baking foil. Scoop out dough in 2 tablespoons size balls, and with your hands, roll the dough into perfect balls and place them on the prepared baking sheets, about 1 inch apart. Bake for 10 to 14 minutes, or until the cookie edges are golden brown and the tops just start to darken. Rotate the pan halfway through for even baking.
- 6Remove the pan from the oven and cool on a wire rack for 5 minutes. With a spatula, transfer the individual cookies to a rack to cool completely.
- 7Store cookies in an airtight container for up to 3 days, if they last that long! Enjoy.