Chocolate Chip Cookies
These are the kind of homemade cookies that have the nice gooey chocolate in the middle!
1/2 cbutter or margarine, softened
1 cpacked brown sugar
1/2 cgranulated sugar
1/2 tspbaking soda
1 tspvanilla extract
2 1/2 call-purpose flour
1 (12 oz.)bag (2 cups) semisweet chocolate chips
1 1/2 cchopped walnuts, pecans, or hazelnuts (optional)
How to Make Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- In a large mixing bowl beat shortening and butter or margarine with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds; add brown sugar, granulated sugar and baking soda; beat until mixture is combined, scraping sides of bowl occasionally.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla until combined; beat in as much of the flour as you can with the mixer; stir in any remaining flour.
- Stir in chocolate pieces and nuts (if using).
- Drop dough by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 8 to 10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- Transfer to a wire rack and let cool.