Chocolate Chip Cookie Wreath1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
3/4 cshortening, butter flavor
1.25 cbrown sugar, firmly packed
1 Tbspvanilla extract
2 call purpose flour
3/4 tspbaking soda
1 csemisweet chocolate chips
1 cpecans, coarsely chopped
1.25 cpowdered sugar
1 tspcorn syrup, light
·gum drops, red and green
How to Make Chocolate Chip Cookie Wreath
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees; line 4 cookie sheets with foil and lightly grease the foil.
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed, beat the brown sugar, shortening, milk and vanilla extract until well blended; Beat in the egg.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, salt and baking soda.
- With a spoon, stir into the shortening mixture just until blended.
- Stir in the chocolate chips and pecans.
- Divide the dough into quarters; divide each quarter into 12 pieces; Roll each piece into a 1-inch ball.
- Arrange the balls on the cookie sheets almost touching to form an 8-inch circle; Flatten the balls slightly with your fingers.
- Repeat with the remaining balls to make 3 more wreaths.
- Bake one cookie sheet at a time for 12 to 14 minutes, or until the wreaths are lightly browned; Do not overbake.
- Cool completely before removing from the cookie sheet.
- Meanwhile, prepare the icing.
- In a small bowl with the mixer on medium speed, beat the powdered sugar, shortening, milk and corn syrup until smooth - If too thick, thin with a little milk; if too thin, add more powdered sugar.
- The icing may be covered and refrigerated for up to 1 week; Makes 1 1/2 cups.
- Spread or pipe the icing over the cooled wreaths.
- Cut the red and green candies as needed for flowers and leaves; Place in clusters around the wreath.