Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Truffles
2 1/2 call purpose flour
1/4 tspbaking soda
1 cbutter, room temperature (2 sticks)
3/4 cgranulated sugar
3/4 cpacked brown sugar
1 tsppure vanilla extract
1 cmini semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 pkgsemi sweet choclate chips (optional: chocolate or peanut butter candy coating)
1 Tbspcrisco shortening
How to Make Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Truffles
- In a medium size bowl add the dry ingredients (flour, salt and baking soda). Stir gently together. Set aside.
- Beat butter and sugars in a large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add milk and vanilla.
- Set mixer on low speed and slowly add the dry ingredients. Mix until incorporated.
- Stir in (by hand) the mini semi-sweet morsals in to cookie dough.
- Prepare a baking sheet lined with wax paper. Roll cookie dough into 1 inch balls. Place on baking sheet, allowing cookies to gently touch each other.
- Place the baking sheets in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- While dough is chilling; melt the semi-sweet chocolate chips in a double boiler. Add the shortening (this will aid in thinning the chocolate). Stir until completely smooth.
- Prepare an additional baking sheet lined with wax paper. Use toothpicks as a tool to dip and coat the cookie dough balls into the melted chocolate. Place the chocolate truffle on the waxed paper lined baking sheets. Chill until set. Store in an airtight container for up to one week.