How to Make Chocolate Chip Chewies
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease an 11 x 15 jelly roll pan.
- 2Using a mixer, beat together the shortening and brown sugar until creamy and light.
- 3Next, add the vanilla and the eggs, one at a time, and beat.
- 4In another bowl, combine the dry ingredients - the flour, baking powder and salt. Stir to combine. Then, with mixer on low, add the flour mixture by spoonfuls, occasionally turning up the speed until flour is incorporated.
- 5Last, add the chocolate chips and nuts, stirring to incorporate into the cookie dough.
Spread this mixture into your prepared pan using a spatula.
- 6Bake for about 20 minutes. Don't over bake! When done, cool a bit. Cut into bars while still warm.