Chocolate Cherry Nuggets
I especially love the new Hershey Kisses with the cherry filling with these cookies!
Oh, move over Chocolate covered cherries!!
Blue Ribbon Recipe
Dawn is right! Move over chocolate covered cherries, this is one good cookie. When you combine all the ingredients, the flavors work so well together. I especially like the addition of pecans ... it gives each bite a little crunch. The Test Kitchen
- 2 c
- butter or margarine, softened
- 2 c
- powdered sugar
- 2 tsp
- 1/2 tsp
- 4 1/2 c
- all purpose flour
- 1 pkg
- 12 ounce- mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 c
- chopped pecans
- 1 c
- maraschino cherries-drained and cut in fourths
- 1 pkg
- Hershey kisses, your choice of flavor
How to Make Chocolate Cherry Nuggets
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2In large bowl, cream butter well. Add sugar, vanilla and salt.
- 3Gradually add flour, mixing until well blended-batter gets stiff.
- 4Mix in chocolate chips, nuts and cherries.
- 5Drop by teaspoonful or grab chunks and roll into balls. Place onto ungreased cookie sheets. Slightly flatten with fingertip.
Bake about 15 minutes at 350 degrees.
- 6After removing from oven, while still warm top with Hershey Kiss or the new cherry filled Hershey Kisses work well with this recipe. Bake another minute.