Chocolate Cherry Nuggets
I especially love the new Hershey Kisses with the cherry filling with these cookies!
Oh, move over Chocolate covered cherries!!
Blue Ribbon Recipe
Dawn is right! Move over chocolate covered cherries, this is one good cookie. When you combine all the ingredients, the flavors work so well together. I especially like the addition of pecans ... it gives each bite a little crunch. The Test Kitchen
2 cbutter or margarine, softened
2 cpowdered sugar
4 1/2 call purpose flour
1 pkg12 ounce- mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cchopped pecans
1 cmaraschino cherries-drained and cut in fourths
1 pkgHershey kisses, your choice of flavor
How to Make Chocolate Cherry Nuggets
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In large bowl, cream butter well. Add sugar, vanilla and salt.
- Gradually add flour, mixing until well blended-batter gets stiff.
- Mix in chocolate chips, nuts and cherries.
- Drop by teaspoonful or grab chunks and roll into balls. Place onto ungreased cookie sheets. Slightly flatten with fingertip.
Bake about 15 minutes at 350 degrees.
- After removing from oven, while still warm top with Hershey Kiss or the new cherry filled Hershey Kisses work well with this recipe. Bake another minute.