Chocolate Cherry Bars
- 1 cup butter
- ¾ cup cocoa
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- ½ cups plus 1/3 cup all-purpose flour,divided
- 1/3 cup chopped almonds
- 1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk
- ½ tsp. almond extract
- 1 cup hershey’s mini kisses semi-sweet
- 1 cup chopped maraschino cherries , drained
How to Make Chocolate Cherry Bars
- 1Heat oven to 350 . Generously grease 13x9x2 inch baking pan.
Melt butter in large saucepan over low heat; stir in cocoa until smooth. Remove from heat.
Add sugar,3 eggs ,1 ½ cups flour and almonds; mix well. Pour into prepared pan. Bake 20 minutes.
- 2Meanwhile whisk together remaining 1 egg, remaining 1/3 c. flour, sweetened condensed milk and almond extract. Pour over baked layer; sprinkle mini kisses and cherries over top. Return to oven.
- 3Bake additional 20 to 25 minutes or until set and edges are golden brown. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Refrigerate until cold, 6 hours or overnight. Cut into bars. Cover and refrigerate leftover bars.