Chocolate-Caramel Swirl Brownies
1 cbutter (2 sticks) softened
4eggs, slightly beaten
2 tspvanilla extract
2/3 cunsweetened cocoa powder
1 call purpose flour
1/2 tspbaking powder
2 Tbspcaramel ice cream sauce slightly warmed
2 Tbspfudge ice cream topping slightly warmed
1/2 to 3/4 cchopped walnuts
How to Make Chocolate-Caramel Swirl Brownies
- Preheat oven to 350ﹾ. Spray a 8"x8x"2" baking pan with nonstick spray; line with parchment paper leaving excess hanging over two sides of the pan.
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan on the stovetop. Stir in sugar and remove from heat. Allow the butter to cool slightly; stir in eggs and vanilla extract.
- In a mixing bowl, combine cocoa powder, flour, salt, baking powder and walnuts. Add the dry ingredients to the butter, sugar and egg mixture until combined; do not overmix.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan. Drizzle warmed caramel sauce over batter; lightly swirl into mixture with a knife; repeat process with slightly warmed fudge topping.
- Bake approximately 28 - 30 minutes, or until a cake tester or toothpick inserted an inch from the center comes out clean. Cool brownies completely. Use the parchment paper edges to lift brownies out of pan and cut into squares.
- *Note: Warm sauce and topping in microwave approximately 15 - 20 seconds.