Chocolate Cappuccino Bacon Cookies
Blue Ribbon Recipe
Love the chocolate and cappuccino.. then add bacon to it and you have one delicious cookie!
I did order the cappuccino chips, but these babies would be good with any chip in them. I would recommend that you get the bacon really crisp when cooking it. The Test Kitchen
1/2 lbmaple cured bacon
1 cunsalted butter, room temperature
1 1/2 csugar
2 tsppure vanilla extract
2 call purpose flour
3/4 ccocoa powder
1 tspbaking soda
1/2 tspsalt (omit if you use salted butter)
2 ccappuccino chips by guittard
How to Make Chocolate Cappuccino Bacon Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cut bacon into 1/2" pieces and saute till done in frying pan. Drain, let cool and set aside. If pieces are too big crumble them.
- Combine flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt and sift together and set aside.
- In mixing bowl combine butter, sugar and vanilla cream till light and somewhat fluffy. Add eggs and beat till well creamed.
- Add flour mixture to the butter mixture stir to combine. Than add bacon pieces and cappuccino chips.
- Drop by spoonful onto parchment lined baking sheet and bake for 12 to 13 minutes. Let rest a few minutes than transfer to cooling rack and enjoy!
- If you are unable to get cappuccino chips, you can use butterscotch, peanut butter or chocolate chips. I also topped the cookies with vanilla candy melts that I melted added maple flavoring to than drizzled on top.