Chocolate and Cranberry Biscotti
1/4 calmonds, finely ground
3 Tbspcocoa powder, dutch processed
3/4 tspbaking powder
2 tsppure vanilla extract
1/2 tspalmond extract
1/3 csour cherries or cranberries, dried
·chocolate, melted for drizzling
How to Make Chocolate and Cranberry Biscotti
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and arrange a rack in the center of the oven. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Whisk together flour, ground almonds, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl.
- Beat egg and sugar with a handheld or standing mixer on medium-high speed until pale and thick, about 5 minutes. Beat in vanilla and almond extracts. Reduce speed to low, and gradually add flour mixture. Beat until no traces of flour remain. Stir in cranberries. The dough will be very wet and sticky.
- Scrape the dough onto the prepared baking sheet, forming a thick line in the center. Wet your hands and pat dough into a 9-x-3-inch rectangle. Bake until puffed and dry to the touch, about 25 minutes. Cool on pan for 15 minutes; keep oven on. Peel off parchment and carefully transfer rectangle to a cutting board. Cut crosswise into 1/3-inch-thick slices.
- Lay slices flat on unlined baking sheet, and bake until dry, about 10 minutes. Flip slices and bake for 10 minutes more. Let cool completely. Cookies will crisp as they cool.
- drizzle with melted chocolate if desired.