Chocolate Almond Coconut Bars
It reminds me of the old Magic Cookie Bars Recipe combined with Lara Bars, only I don't think the recipe calls for enough chocolate, I think I'll probably use a whole bag of Bakers chocolate chunks.
How to Make Chocolate Almond Coconut Bars
- First grind up the almonds and chocolate together until fine– but not too fine.
- Leave half of the almond-chocolate mixture in the food processor and set the other half aside.
- Add half a teaspoon of sea salt, 2 cups of dates,1/2 cup shredded coconut and 2 heaping tablespoons of almond butter and process until combined. Transfer into a large bowl.
- Now process the remaining chocolate-almond mixture, sea salt, dates, coconut and almond butter. Add to the large bowl.
- Wet your hands, further combine the mixture, and press firmly into a parchment lined 13×9 pan. Let the parchment hang over the ends so that you can lift the bars out.
- Cover and refrigerate for a few hours or overnight. Lift the bars out of the pan and slice into desired size.