By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
4 ozchocolate, unsweetened
12 ozsemi-sweet chocolate
3 ozbutter, unsalted
1.5 Tbspinstant espresso powder
4 Tbspvanilla extract
1/2 tspbaking powder
6 ozsemi-sweet chocolate
8 ozpecans, halved
8 ozwalnuts, halves
6 ozsemi-sweet chocolate, melted
How to Make Chocoholics Cookies
- Place nuts in oven until toasted, 10 to 12 minutes or until they develop a toasty aroma; Remove from oven and set aside to cool.
- Increase oven temperature to 350 degrees.
- Place unsweetened chocolate, 12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate, butter, margarine and espresso in top of double boiler and place over simmering (not boiling) water until chocolate is about 3/4 melted.
- Meanwhile, beat the eggs with a wire whisk in a large mixing bowl; gradually add sugar, whisking until mixture becomes thick and light in color.
- When chocolate is almost melted, remove from heat and stir until completely melted and satiny in appearance.
- Gradually whisk chocolate into egg mixture; stir with a wooden spoon to incorporate.
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt directly into chocolate mixture; gently stir until the dry ingredients are barely incorporated.
- Cut the 6 ounces of semi-sweet chocolate into 1/2 inch chunks and stir into dough along with the toasted nuts.
- Lightly butter 4 aluminum baking sheets. Do not use foil or cookies will burn.
- Drop dough by tablespoonfuls, 12 to a sheet to leave room for cookies to spread; bake only one sheet at a time in center of oven.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10 to 12 minutes, or until cookies lose their shine - cookies will still be very soft.
- Allow to cool for 2 minutes before removing from pans.
- Using a pin-sized tip on an icing bag, pipe melted semi-sweet chocolate onto cookies in a criss-cross pattern.
- Allow to cool at least 1 hour before storing in tins.