Choco Nut Cookies
No matter how you combine the flavors, they are very tasty!
- 1 c
- butter, softened
- 1-1/2 c
- sugar (can substitute stevia or splenda)
- 2 tsp
- 12 oz
- semisweet chocolate chips (milk chocolate/peanut butter chips)
- 1 c
- chopped walnuts (pecans, hazelnuts, macadamia, or almonds)
- 2 c
- all-purpose flour
- 3/4 c
- hershey cocoa
- 1 tsp
- 1/4 tsp
- table salt
How to Make Choco Nut Cookies
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- 2In large bowl, combine butter and sugar; cream well.
Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
Add vanilla extract and mix until well combined.
- 3In separate bowl, sift together flour, cocoa, soda and salt.
Add to creamed mixture with mixer on low speed.
- 4Stir in chocolate chips and nuts.
(See NOTE #1 below)
- 5Using a tablespoon size scoop, place cookies on prepared pans. Leave some room around each one to allow for spreading.
- 6Bake 10 12 minutes;
Let cookies rest for a couple minutes before removing from pans; place on baking rack to cool the cookies completely.
- 7NOTE #1 - Can substitute peanut butter or milk chocolate chips for semisweet.
Also, can substitute chopped pecans, hazelnuts, macadamia or almonds for walnuts.