Choco Nut Cookies
No matter how you combine the flavors, they are very tasty!
1 cbutter, softened
1-1/2 csugar (can substitute stevia or splenda)
12 ozsemisweet chocolate chips (milk chocolate/peanut butter chips)
1 cchopped walnuts (pecans, hazelnuts, macadamia, or almonds)
2 call-purpose flour
3/4 chershey cocoa
1/4 tsptable salt
How to Make Choco Nut Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In large bowl, combine butter and sugar; cream well.
Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
Add vanilla extract and mix until well combined.
- In separate bowl, sift together flour, cocoa, soda and salt.
Add to creamed mixture with mixer on low speed.
- Stir in chocolate chips and nuts.
(See NOTE #1 below)
- Using a tablespoon size scoop, place cookies on prepared pans. Leave some room around each one to allow for spreading.
- Bake 10 12 minutes;
Let cookies rest for a couple minutes before removing from pans; place on baking rack to cool the cookies completely.
- NOTE #1 - Can substitute peanut butter or milk chocolate chips for semisweet.
Also, can substitute chopped pecans, hazelnuts, macadamia or almonds for walnuts.