Choco Chip Dough Cookies
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 1 box
- chocolate cake mix
- 1/3 to 1/2 c
- canola oil
- 1/4 c
- butter, softened
- 1/4 + 2 T. c
- brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 tsp
- 1/2 tsp
- pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 c
- all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp
- 1/3 c
- semi-sweet chocolate chips (minis are best)
CHOCOLATE COOKIE DOUGH (FOR THE OUTSIDE OF THE COOKIE)
CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE DOUGH (FOR THE MIDDLE OF THE COOKIE)
How to Make Choco Chip Dough Cookies
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees (F).
- 2FOR THE CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE DOUGH: Cream the butter and brown sugar in a small bowl. Add water and vanilla and mix well. Add flour and salt and stir to combine. Stir in mini chocolate chips. Make chocolate chip cookie dough; roll into 1" balls, place on cookie sheet and allow to freeze for at least 1 hour.
- 3FOR THE CHOCOLATE COOKIE BATTER: Pour dry cake mix into a mixing bowl. Add two slightly-beaten eggs and the 1/3 to 1/2 cup oil (starting with 1/3 cup and adding additional oil to 1/2 cup if dough seems too dry). Mix all together until well-blended and soft dough forms.
- 4TO MAKE THE COOKIES: Remove frozen chocolate chip dough balls from the freezer. Taking a golf-ball size piece of the chocolate cake mix dough, place the chocolate chip dough ball and insert into middle of chocolate cake mix dough. Roll in your hands until round in shape and all sides of the dough ball are covered.
- 5Place balls on baking sheet (you can use parchment paper or place directly on a non-greased cookie sheet). Bake for 12-15 minutes, checking to ensure the outside of the cookie appears "dry" when you remove them from the oven.
- 6Allow to cool for 1-2 minutes on the cookie sheet and then remove to wax paper to finish cooling. Now, pour yourself a big glass of white milk and ENJOY!!!