Choco-caramel Pecan Delights
- 2/3 c
- 1/2 c
- butter softenend
- egg seperated reserving white
- 2 Tbsp
- 1 tsp
- 1/3 c
- cocoa powder
- 1 c
- all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp
- 1 c
- finely chopped pecans
- unwrapped soft caramels
- 1/2 c
- semi sweet chocolate chips
CARAMEL FILLING AND CHOCOLATE TOPPING
How to Make Choco-caramel Pecan Delights
- 1Beat together sugar, butter, egg yolk. milk and vanilla until well blended.
- 2Stir together flour, cocoa and salt. Blend into butter mixture.
- 3Chill dough for at least an hour or up to 2 weeks.
- 4Preheat oven to 350 degrees and either prepare cookie sheets with parchment paper ( which is what I use) or lightly grease them.
- 5Take reserved egg white and add 3 tablespoons of warm water and beat together.
- 6Shape dough into 1 inch balls roll in egg whites and then in pecans to coat, and place on prepared cookie sheets about 1 inch apart.
- 7Press your thumb gently into the center of each cookie.
- 8Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until set. ( check the bottom of the cookie, if it is lightly brown, you are ok)
- 9While the cookie is still hot, take a small slice off of your soft caramels and place in the center of each cookie, it will melt while your cookie cools.
- 10Carefully remove each cookie onto a wire rack until completely cooled.
- 11Take the 1/2 cup of chocolate chips and put them in a zip top bag and put them in a pot of hot not boiling water for about 10 minutes.
- 12Take the bag out of the water dry completely. Knead bag to make sure all the chips are melted.
- 13Cut a small corner off of the end of the bag and pip warm chocolate over the caramel to decorate.
- 14Wait until chocolate is set, then store in an airtight container for up to 1 month.