Choco-caramel Pecan Delights
1/2 cbutter softenend
1egg seperated reserving white
1/3 ccocoa powder
1 call purpose flour
1 cfinely chopped pecans
CARAMEL FILLING AND CHOCOLATE TOPPING
12unwrapped soft caramels
1/2 csemi sweet chocolate chips
How to Make Choco-caramel Pecan Delights
- Beat together sugar, butter, egg yolk. milk and vanilla until well blended.
- Stir together flour, cocoa and salt. Blend into butter mixture.
- Chill dough for at least an hour or up to 2 weeks.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and either prepare cookie sheets with parchment paper ( which is what I use) or lightly grease them.
- Take reserved egg white and add 3 tablespoons of warm water and beat together.
- Shape dough into 1 inch balls roll in egg whites and then in pecans to coat, and place on prepared cookie sheets about 1 inch apart.
- Press your thumb gently into the center of each cookie.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until set. ( check the bottom of the cookie, if it is lightly brown, you are ok)
- While the cookie is still hot, take a small slice off of your soft caramels and place in the center of each cookie, it will melt while your cookie cools.
- Carefully remove each cookie onto a wire rack until completely cooled.
- Take the 1/2 cup of chocolate chips and put them in a zip top bag and put them in a pot of hot not boiling water for about 10 minutes.
- Take the bag out of the water dry completely. Knead bag to make sure all the chips are melted.
- Cut a small corner off of the end of the bag and pip warm chocolate over the caramel to decorate.
- Wait until chocolate is set, then store in an airtight container for up to 1 month.