Jo Anne Sugimoto
How to Make CHINESE PRETZELS
- Heat oil in electric skillet to 350 degrees. Heat rosette iron in hot oil.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs with whisk. Add milk, water and sugar, mix together. Add flour gradually, blend. Add cornstarch, mix until all ingredients are blended and free of lumps (pour batter through a large sieve into another large bowl.)
- Dip hot iron into batter, covering 3/4 of the form. Return to hot oil and fry until rosette comes off the iron. Turn rosette over and fry till light golden brown.
- Remove and drain on paper towel.
- NOTE: Use 2 rosette irons so that one is heating up while the other is being used.