CHINESE COOKIES(N.Y. BAKERY STYLE)
- 1 1/2 c
- 1 1/2 c
- 1 large
- 1 tsp
- vanilla extract
- 3 1/2 c
- cake flour
- 1 1/4 tsp
- baking soda
- 3/4 tsp
- 1/2 c
- ground walnuts
- 1 c
- prepared chocolate fudge frosting(or homemade)
How to Make CHINESE COOKIES(N.Y. BAKERY STYLE)
- 1Combine the cake flour, baking soda and salt and set aside.
- 2In a medium bowl, cream together the sugar and shortening.
- 3Stir in the egg and vanilla, beat until light and fluffy.
- 4Stir flour mixture into butter/sugar mixture.Dough will be stiff and kind of dry so you may need to use your hands to mix.
- 5Roll dough into a log about 15 inches long, and roll in the ground nuts(if the nuts are not sticking you may want to brush the log with egg white and then roll in the nuts). Wrap and chill dough for at least an hour or until firm.
- 6Preheat oven to 350*. Grease cookie sheets.
- 7Unwrap refrigerated firm dough and cut into 1/2 inch slices. Place cookies 1 1/2 inches apart on the prepared cookie sheets.
- 8Bake for 10 to 15 minutes in the preheated oven.
- 9Allow cookies to cool for a few minutes on the baking sheets before removing to cool completely on wire racks. When cool, place a dollop of fudge icing onto the center of each cookie.