*Chewy* Chocolate Chip Cookies
I use almond extract instead of vanilla. The flavor profile changes completely and gives it a slightly floral fruity taste. I recommend almond extract over vanilla for most sweets.
How to Make *Chewy* Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Melt butter and let it cool to room temperature.
- In a large mixing bowl, add butter, both sugars and mix till smooth.
- Incorporate the egg and almond extract.
- Sift flours and baking powder into a small bowl. Slowly, mix the flour with the liquid mixture until everything is well combined.
- Mix in chocolate chips. Put the batter in the refrigerator for 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350ºF while the batter is in the refrigerator.
- Drop rounded tablespoons of the cookie dough onto parchment paper lined cookie sheets.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool for 5 minutes, then transfer them to a wire rack to cool.