Chewy Caramel Brownies
These brownies are moist, tender and delicious.
Photo adapted from Six Sisters' Stuff.
- caramels (about 14 ounces), unwrapped
- 1 can(s)
- (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1 pkg
- (18 ounces) german chocolate cake mix
- 1/4 c
- butter, melted
- 1 c
- chopped nuts
- 1 c
- semi-sweet chocolate chips or milk chocolate chips
How to Make Chewy Caramel Brownies
- 1In a saucepan over low heat, melt and stir caramels with a 1/3 rd cup of evaporated milk, stirring constantly until caramels are melted.
- 2In a mixing bowl,, combine cake mix, melted butter and remaining milk.
- 3In bottom of greased 9 X 13 inch baking pan, spread half cake mixture and bake at 350 degrees for 7 minutes.
- 4Sprinkle crust with pecans, chocolate chips and melted caramels.
Drop teaspoonfuls of remaining cake mixture over top and lightly spread with back of spoon.
Bake 18 to 20 minutes.
Cool completely in pan on wire rack before cutting into squares.