Cherry Pistachio Cookies
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1/4 call purpose flour
1/4 cpistachios, no salt, roasted
1/3 cdried cherries, unsweetened, chopped
·zest of 1/2 lemon
1/2 tspkosher salt
1/2 tspbaking soda
2 stickbutter, unsalted
1 3/4 cflour
1/3 cpistachios, unsalted, roasted
How to Make Cherry Pistachio Cookies
- Grind the 1/4 cup flour with the 1/4 cup pistachios in a mini chopper or a clean coffee grinder until a coarse meal is achieved. Transfer to a large mixing bowl.
- Chop the cherries and add to bowl. Mix and separate the cherry pieces. I do this with clean hands.
- Add the sugar and zest. Rub into the mix with fingertips to infuse all the flavors.
- Stir in the salt and soda with a fork.
- Knead in, by hand, the flour, butter, egg, and remaining pistachios.
- Form 1 1/2 inch balls of dough and place on an ungreased cookie sheet. Leave room for spreading out. Flatten each ball with the tines of a fork.
- Bake in a 325 degree oven for 18 minutes or until slightly browned and set. Rest 2 minutes before transferring to a rack to cool completely. Store airtight. Makes 28 cookies.