★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 1 c
- milk; cool to lukewarm
- 5 c
- unsifted flour
- 1/4 c
- 1 tsp
- 1 c
- oleo to flour mixture
- 2 pkg
- yeast in 1/2 cup water
How to Make Cherry Pinwheels
- 1Add: yeast, milk and 1 egg to flour mixture.
- 2Beat till well blended. Cover tightly and refrigerate overnight.
- 3Take small portion of dough and roll about 1/8 inch thick. Cut into 3 or 4 inch squares. Make slits in corners of squares as for pinwheels.
- 4Put cherry pie filling in center. Take every other point of dough to center over the filling and pinch together.
- 5Bake at 350 degrees for 8-12 minutes.
- 6Cool. Frost. I use powdered sugar frosting with almond flavoring.