Cherry Nut Baisers
In the past my grandma would bake them, and my grandpa would help her by cutting all the cherries by hand.
I can still remember him, sitting at the take, cutting the cherries into the tiniest little bits.
Today, my grandparents are no longer with us, but my mother and aunt have kept the recipe alive.
I can not wait to have kids, and make these for them.
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 2 large
- egg whites-room temperature
- 1/8 tsp
- 1/8 tsp
- cream of tartar
- 1 tsp
- vanilla extract
- 3/4 c
- sugar, white
- 6 oz
- candied cherries-red or green, diced very small
- 1/4 c
- walnut pieces, chopped
How to Make Cherry Nut Baisers
- 1Beat together egg whites, salt, cream of tartar and vanilla until soft peaks form.
- 2Add sugar gradually beating until peaks are stiff. Fold in cherries and nuts.
- 3Cover cookie sheet with parchment paper. Drop by tablespoons onto the parchment paper. Bake at 300 degrees for about 25-35 minutes or until set and edges beginning to brown slightly.