Cherry Magic Cookie Bars
Who could resist this?
I ran across this recipe on allrecipe.com and just had to make this different version of the magic cookie bar.
Chocolate and cherries are my favorite.
After I made this, I had to take half of it out to the shop for the guys or I would have ate the whole thing.
Even the quys didn't turn their noses up at them and ate them all up, in one day.
Allrecipe.com: Eagle Brand (that makes the best sweetened condensed milk)
- 1 1/2 c
- graham cracker crumbs
- 1 stick
- butter (melted)
- (14 oz)can eagle brand sweetened condensed milk
- 6 oz
- semi-sweet chocolate chips ( i add extra )
- 1 jar(s)
- maraschino cherries, drained, patted dry and chopped
- 1 1/3 c
- flaked coconut
How to Make Cherry Magic Cookie Bars
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees. (325 for a glass baking pan)
In a small bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs and the butter, mix well.
Press crumb mixture firmly with your hands to the bottom of a well buttered 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- 2Pour 1/2 can of sweetened condensed milk over crumb mixture.
Layer evenly with the remaining ingredients (chocolate chips, chopped cherries, & coconut)
Press down firmly.
Pour the last 1/2 of sweetened condensed milk evenly over the last layer. This will help bind the ingredients together.
- 3Bake for 25 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool.
Cut into bars.
Store covered at room temperature.