I believe this recipe came from a Betty Crocker Cookie Cookbook Holiday Edition.
1 cbutter, softened
1/2 cpowdered sugar
2 call purpose flour
1 1/2 tspground cardamom
1 1/2 tspground allspice
1 tspground cinnamon
1 tspground nutmeg
1/2 tspground ginger
1/2 tspground cloves
1 1/2 cpowdered sugar
1/2 tspground cardamom
1/2 tspground cinnamon
How to Make Chai-Spiced Cookies
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
In large bowl, beat butter and 1/2 c. powdered sugar with electric mixer on low speed until blended. Stir in remaining cookie ingredients.
- Shape dough by *tablespoonfuls into balls. On ungreased cookie sheet, place dough balls 1 1/2 inch apart.
I always line my cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Bake 12-15 minutes or until very lightly browned. Remove from cookie sheet to cooling rack; cool 5 minutes.
- FOR THE COATING: In medium bowl, mix coating ingredients. Working in batches, gently roll warm cookies in coating mixture. Cool on cooling rack 5 minutes. Roll in coating mixture again.
- *To measure 1 tablespoon dough for each cookie, use a #60 cookie scoop (it looks like an ice cream scoop.)
High Altitude (3500-6500Ft.): No change.
Per Cookie: 80 calories, Total Fat 4g; Sodium 50mg;
Exchanges: 1/2 Other Carbohydrate, 1 Fat
Carbohydrate Choices: 1/2