Cashew Lemon Shortbread Cookies
How to Make Cashew Lemon Shortbread Cookies
- 1Preheat oven to 325 degrees
- 2Place cashews in a food processor and process until finely ground.
- 3Add butter, sugar, lemon extract, and vanilla. Process until well blended.
- 4Add flour,1 cup at a time, pulsing until dough is well blended and begins to form a ball.
- 5Refrigerate 1 hour or up to 2 weeks.
- 6Shape dough into 1 1/2 in balls and roll in additional sugar.
- 7Place 2 inches apart on parchment lined or ungreased cookie sheets
- 8Wet the bottom of a glass and dip into sugar then flatten dough balls with the glass.
- 9Bake at 325 degrees for 17 to 19 minutes till slightly brown on the edges.
- 10just an fyi... you can make this recipe with a regular mixer as long as the cashews are pulverized.