2 stickbutter, no substitutes, this is a butter cookie
1 1/4 cpowdered sugar, divided
3/4 tsppure vanilla extract
1 3/4 call purpose flour
1/2 tspcardamom seeds, freshly ground
1/2 cpecans, finely chopped
How to Make Cardamom-Pecan Cookies
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and half of the powdered sugar until smooth. Beat in the vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, cardamom and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture. Gently stir in the pecans.
- Roll into 1-in. balls. Place about 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake in a preheated 350° for 15-17 minutes or until edges turn a light brown.
Roll warm cookies in remaining powdered sugar. Cool on wire racks.
- Note: If you can't find cardamom seeds to grind, you can use pre-ground cardamom, however, it might not offer the same flavor-punch as freshly ground seeds.