- 2 stick
- butter, no substitutes, this is a butter cookie
- 1 1/4 c
- powdered sugar, divided
- 3/4 tsp
- pure vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 c
- all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp
- cardamom seeds, freshly ground
- kosher salt
- 1/2 c
- pecans, finely chopped
How to Make Cardamom-Pecan Cookies
- 1In a large bowl, cream together the butter and half of the powdered sugar until smooth. Beat in the vanilla.
- 2In a separate bowl, combine the flour, cardamom and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture. Gently stir in the pecans.
- 3Roll into 1-in. balls. Place about 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- 4Bake in a preheated 350° for 15-17 minutes or until edges turn a light brown.
Roll warm cookies in remaining powdered sugar. Cool on wire racks.
- 5Note: If you can't find cardamom seeds to grind, you can use pre-ground cardamom, however, it might not offer the same flavor-punch as freshly ground seeds.