★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 2 c
- flour, unsifted
- 3/4 c
- brown sugar, firmly packed
- egg, beaten
- 3/4 c
- butter, cold - divided
- 1 c
- walnuts, finely chopped
- caramels, unwrapped
- 1 can(s)
- (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk
How to Make Caramel Walnut Bars
- 1Preheat oven to 350.
In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar and egg. Cut in 1/2 cup of butter, until crumbly. Stir in walnuts.
- 2Reserve 2 cups of crumb mixture; press remainder firmly on the bottom of a greased 9x13 baking dish.
Bake 15 minutes.
- 3Meanwhile, in a heavy saucepan, over low heat - melt caramels with sweetened condensed milk and remaining 1/4 cup of butter.
Pour over crust. Top with reserved crumb mixture.
Bake 20 minutes or until bubbly.
- 4Cool. Cut into bars. Store loosely covered at room temparature