Chocolate Chip Caramel Corn cookies
- 2 c
- plus 1 tablespoon flour
- 3/4 tsp
- 1/2 tsp
- baking soda
- 1 1/2 c
- unsalted butter, melted and cooled slightly
- 3/4 c
- packed light brown sugar
- 3/4 c
- large egg and one egg yolk
- 1 1/2 tsp
- vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 c
- semi sweet chocolate pieces
- **caramel corn (i used orville redenbachers for the microwave)
- use both blocks of caramel that comes in the box on one bag of popped corn..see note below
How to Make Chocolate Chip Caramel Corn cookies
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Do not grease cookies sheets.
- 2Prepare caramel corn according to directions on the bag..EXCEPT to one bag of popcorn add BOTH packages of caramel to the top of the popcorn in the microwave, if using one there doesn't seem to be enough caramel to cover popcorn for my taste!!. Once popped and coated with caramel as directed on bag...place the popcorn on a sheet of waxed paper, REMOVE any kernels that had not popped..look carefully through the popcorn throughly!! Allow popcorn to cool completely..spreading it out in one layer so it doesn't stick together in large clumps. See picture on #3.
- 4Take a tablespoon and scoop out a generous amount of cookie dough and place on cookie sheet...(I used a small cookie scoop..see picture). Do not flatten cookies; see picture on #5 below. Once you have all the cookies on the cookie sheet take some of the caramel corn and push it down on the top of the cookie, cover generously as the cookies will spread. (If you check on the cookies as you are baking them and see that it needs more caramel corn on any particular cookie.. you may add some at any time even while baking).
- 6Note from Lynn! I have made these a couple of times, and I did a few short cuts the second time I made them...I used a packaged cookie mix by Krusteaz Bakery Style cookie mix...Chocolate Chunk. (you can use your favorite) I followed the directions on the box for mixing, and then added the caramel corn on top as usual before baking...they were delicious and soooo easy to make. If your in a hurry, this is a great little idea to do...I love cutting corners, and to me they were just as good as the homemade from scratch.