★★★★★ 1 vote5
1(14 oz.) pkg. individually wrapped caramels
2/3 cevaporated milk
1 pkggerman chocolate cake mix
3/4 cbutter, melted
1 cchocolate chips
1 cchopped walnuts (optional)
How to Make Caramel Brownies
- Preheat oven to 350º. Grease one 9 x 13 inch baking dish.
- Melt caramels and 1/3 cup of the evaporated milk over low heat stirring occasionally until smooth.
- Combine the cake mix, melted butter, the remaining 1/3 cup of evaporated milk, vanilla and nuts. Mix well and spread 1/2 of the batter into the prepared pan. Bake for 8 minutes.
- Sprinkle the chocolate chips evenly over the partially cooked brownies. Pour the melted caramel mixture over the top.
- With a teaspoon, drop the remaining 1/2 of the batter evenly over the top. Bake for 20 minutes. Let brownies cool then cut into bars.