Caramel Apple Whiskey Cookies
1 stickunsalted butter, softened
3/4 cdark brown sugar
1egg, room temperature
1/3 ccup jameson irish whiskey or a good quality whiskey of your choosing.
3/4 tspsea salt
1/2 tspbaking soda
1/2 tspbaking powder
1 tspfreshly grated nutmeg
1 coatmeal flour. you can make your own by putting oats in a food processor.
1 1/2 cunbleached all-purpose flour
1 largegranny smith apples, grated
1 ccaramel pieces, small bits
1 cwalnuts (optional)
How to Make Caramel Apple Whiskey Cookies
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
Cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
Add the egg and beat until incorporated.
- Now add the whiskey and mix. The mixture will look curdled.
- Add the salt, baking powder, baking soda, and nutmeg and beat until incorporated.
Scrape down the sides of the bowl and mix again.
- Add the oatmeal flour and all-purpose flour slowly while the mixer is going.
Mix until all the flour is incorporated.
Add the grated apple, caramel pieces, and walnuts, mix until incorporated.
- Using a large scoop, scoop rounded dough balls onto baking sheets lined with foil or parchment..Bake at 375 for 8-10 minutes, until lightly browned.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes before removing from the foil or parchment. The caramel may stick so remove carefully to not break the cookies.
- All done, have a sip of whiskey :)